The windows of Amsterdam have a completely different connotation than most places. Naturally, there are those that most people associate the Dam with, the windows of the Red Light District. From all hours of the morning until all hours of the night, tiny alleyways are lit up, lined with pink and purple lights. The purple clue you in, informing the street dwellers that the ladies inside are not actually not women. Within each, you will find women of all shapes, sizes, and colors, decked out in the skimpiest of lingerie. They perch on stools chatting on their on their phones or they press themselves against the glass, leaning themselves in prime- viewing stature. Their gaze remains focused, looming over the mixture of tourists strolling through for the spectacle and distinguishing their victims. They lock eyes with you, extending their fingers and urging you to let them open their windows for you. They are on the hunt, preying upon the horny men and women of the streets. But there is...
No... I mean Anguilla. Since beginning the Anguillian Chronicles , the latest chapter in the life of KTS, many people have asked, well how in the world did you end up there?! Lord knows really. It never dawned on me that I would find myself here but let's recap, shall we? On Tuesday October 22, I sat in room 216 at P.S. 33 feeling down and out about my search for life beyond my masters degree. Websites called out for teaching assistants and volunteers throughout the world. No need for a masters. Hell, just have a bachelors in SOMETHING and speak English and you're good to go. No experience necessary. China. Korea. Vietnam. Japan. Kuwait. Dubai. Saudi Arabia. ...No where that spoke to my heart. I felt defeat. Two and a half years of studying, and for what? No matter that I spent countless hours and dollars on exams to become a certified teacher. No matter that I took the time to study and learn to become highly q...
Well hello there. I am Kourtney, Kourtney T. Smith. Some call me KTS, others prefer Kourtney with a K. Occasionally I'll get a ginger, red, big red, little red, or even a Colleen or two. Yesterday Stewart, a customer who asked me to make his iced tea "brown like [his] skin" said I was "the right kind of person." Tonight a woman envying my hair deemed me "delicious" while Patrick Sparrow, with his black eye patch, claimed I was a "flower child." All in all... I am a 22-year-old-restless soul. "I am a child of the universe." And why am I writing? Well... I think the better question is, why are you reading? It's because I'm pretty damn interesting, isn't it? This past May I came to the end of yet another chapter in my life: the college years. I clicked my heels in the air, cum laude style, with my Theatre and English degrees and a large dunkin iced coffee in hand. And now where am I? Behind a bar, being to...
Comments
Post a Comment